Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11: a fire escape


11.01.14: felt like this ended up being a little departure from my normal style and became more of a study of a fire escape. Wanted to have a chase-scene or something like that happening, but it was not to be. Oh, well... Fire escapes are actually one of the coolest things to draw, pain in the tush to draw, but very cool. Will Eisner could tell entire stories on a fire escape (I believe he did once or twice actually) and they are great for romantic love-scene or dramatic, action-packed chase-scenes. In other words, I enjoyed this one too. I know, tomorrow's one will be a bit more of a challenge...

     I try not to look at what the "thing" am going to draw further ahead than one, so not to be tempted to skip any of them. I do however see what is coming up when I finish one. That way I have time to be creative with my spontaneity the next evening. And I have to say, tomorrow's is a doozy and something I have never drawn before and never thought I'd be asked to draw!

     Thanks for reading my ramblings and I hope you enjoyed today's "thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment